Today’s patch notes showed the first signs of healer tuning fixes, so I’m going to make a quick post with my reactions (rather than dumping them onto twitter as I read). Also, since my last post was meant to be a list of concise, actionable healer tuning items, it seems good to follow up now that there’s a round of changes. However, I’m guessing we’ve only seen part of the changes, namely the changes that appear in patch notes, which usually doesn’t include bare coefficient or cost changes. So I think we’ll only have the complete picture of this first tuning pass once there’s another around of spell data. At that point, I might try making another list of changes after we see what things are like in the new build.
- Soul of the Forest (Restoration) when casting Swiftmend, the Druid gains Soul of the Forest. Soul of the Forest reduces the cast time of the next Healing Touch by 50%, or increases the healing of the next Regrowth, or Rejuvenation,
or Wild Growthby 100%, or increases the healing of the next Wild Growth by 50%.
Exactly what I suggested, so good. I’m not totally sure about the right ultimate tuning of WG yet–in the post I said that the healing cost should both come down a little. I’ll stick with that for now, with maybe the addition that the HPM could come up slightly in the process.
- Incarnation: Tree of Life no longer enhances Lifebloom. Instead, it also enhances Rejuvenation, increasing its healing by 50%, and reducing its cost by 50%.
That’s pretty interesting. Oddly, it has a small effect on Tree, since a 150% half-cost Rejuv is very similar to a Lifebloom overall (probably nicer due to having more even healing). Tree is a still around as strong as it was; it’s just a little cleaner mechanically (works with things like Germination and Rampant Growth now, as well as Genesis).
Tree and SotF are still very strong. It’s possible they’ll buff FoN by a huge amount and be done with it. That would mean that even after tuning the class, the choice of L60 talent will be a very big component of performance.
That also reminds me, I do think Genesis needs a buff and I forgot to include it last time.
- Power Strikes now triggers every 15 seconds (up from every 20 seconds).
- Chi Brew now grants 1 charge of Mana Tea (down from 2 charges).
- Ascension now increases maximum Mana by 20%
10%(up from 15%).
Simple balancing of the L30 talents. I’d talked about this in this post.
- Eminence now causes a nearby target to be healed for 50%
35%of all damage caused by the Monk and includes auto attacks.
- Blackout Kick causes Eminence to heal 5 allies instead of 1, but heals for only 20%
15%of damage dealt instead of 50%.
Buff to Eminence will help Crane Stance, but a whole bunch of knobs will probably be turned in this picture, so I’m mostly going to wait and see.
- Selfless Healer no longer causes Bastion of Glory to apply to Flash of Light. However, it now increases the healing of Flash of Light on others by 35% per stack (up from 20%).
I’d been underestimating Selfless Healer this whole time because I never noticed Judgment was free for Holy. It winds up being a talent much like Dream of Cenarius–you can fill some open cast time with free healing. The amount of free healing per cast time is basically the same as DoC after this change. However, EF is a still tough talent to stand up against (pending any nerfs), and Paladins have less open cast time than Druids and already have cheap filler due to Holy Light. One big upside of Selfless Healer is mobility.
- Surge of Light (Discipline, Holy) activation chance has been reduced to 8%
10%(down from 15%).
Nothing fancy, I’d thought this could come down slightly and it looks like they agree.
- Enlightenment increases the critical healing chance of Prayer of Mending by 10%, and increases stat gains to Critical Strike from all sources by 5%.
This isn’t really a big effect, but, sure.
- Borrowed Time has been redesigned. It now increases the Priest’s stat gains to Haste from all sources by 40% for 6 seconds.
Fancy. This one might take more thought, although my first reaction is to be skeptical. As background, the value of haste for Disc is really terrible right now since it doesn’t let you do anything but spam Disc’s lame fillers more often (the problem is starker than for most healers since Disc has no HoTs at all except for the negligible Holy Fire). I think you could increase the effect of haste for Disc by 40% full-stop, and it would still be a dump stat. So I don’t see this making haste any good. And if you’re not using haste, then since this bonus doesn’t amount to anything, it doesn’t make PWS much better. Note, for example, that 15% reduced cast time on a 2.5s cast (which you can get currently), is more time saved than, say, 6% haste for 6 seconds. And you probably won’t be running 15% haste from rating alone (1500 haste rating).
- Ancestral Vigor has been removed.
Out of left field a bit, but I guess they didn’t like a class having a 10% HP raid buff that stacked with everything. Too bad, since it was a neat effect might not have been overpowered in the Warlords healing world. Understandable though.
- Chain Heal now heals each chain target for 10%
15%less than the previous target.
I thought CH needed a buff, and this is a buff, but let’s hope there’s a much bigger one in the spell data.
Ok! Quick post, just braindumping a little as I read the notes, looking forward to more info.